December 13, 2009

Prussian Blue

A4********The main color of this painting is Prussian Blue (Yarka), which I completely forgot to use, but suddenly recalled. I like how warm it turned out. ********* There is no good Russian watercolor paper, and I was trying to find some solution to get heavy weight paper which holds water OK. I always hope to find cheap things with great quality (strange, but this seach almost never works :-)). There was a lot of experiments, no good search results. This painting is done on the last sheet of my experiments, la-la-la!And I made very good NewYear present for myself - roll of Arches 300gr cold pressed. It is New Year, by the way! *********So now I have Russian 200gr paper for further study and Arches for meditation and inspiration and ... for painting, too (not so sure). Happy me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Irina,

    Have you ever tried making paper? Google it and check on youtube. You might be able to come up w terrific, thick paper for watercolors:-)

    Nina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...