January 21, 2010

Sketchbook



A5
Another page from my sketchbook.
I painted this leave from the photo. And was puzzled to show the details around - small grass, show, other leaves. Will try more.

 A5
I admire the work of Urban Sketchers group. They inspire me to draw and paint the cityscapes. It feels easy, as I have the straight and clear drawing before I introduce watercolor, besides, the result is predictable, in comparisson to the first sketch, when neither me, nor watercolor know how it turns out...
And I almost forgot to say - it is Kotor, the beautifl city of Montenegro.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Irina,
    I really love the leaf in your sketchbook!! The colors are beautiful!!

    Thanks for the comment the other day. I enjoyed reading it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness you have been very busy! - I haven't been keeping up. Your watercolor have a good feel to them Irina. Very lovely. You have a strong hand in your architectural drawing too. A wonderful skill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary, you are too kind. But I am so pleased to read the comment like that :-))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...