May 1, 2010

Novodevichy

Today I went to Novodevichy monastery, one of Moscow's must-see. I have never been there before and today was planning to find some special treasures for my Moscow Daily Photo blog (here). And I did.

I also found the scene which inspired me for drawing. I post all together the sketch - b&w and watercolored, and the photo. Without purpose to compare. What the point? I can not overdraw the nature, I enjoy drawing and recalling this scene from my sketch and my photo.






It took about one hour to put the sketch in recognizable shape.
Life is good.

7 comments:

  1. This is a neat set of pictures to illustrate the photo. Nice work on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Irina !! These are some really beautiful and lovely art works !!I loved the way you portray the images !!Great Work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - great idea to show all three versions of the same scene. Believe it or not, I like the monochromatic picture the best! ME! Mr Color! Very well done I DO like the color version very much, you know that I do.

    Ken B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Abe!
    Bharat, thank you!
    Cabap, thank you for stopping by.
    Ken, I like the black and white more, too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Irina !! Can't wait to see your next painting !!You make beautiful painting !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adrian, thank you!
    Bharat, I am still blushing :-))) thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...