May 30, 2010

Sketching in the Convent


Today I was sketching in my favourite part of Moscow, Kitay-Gorod. I entered the John the Baptist convent looking for the photos for my Moscow  Daily Photo blog. But instead - you see, I sat on a small stone flowerbed in the shadow and started sketching.

In half in hour the nun came out of this door and offered me the thick cardboard sheet, "No point to sit on the stone, sorry, but I did not find more appropriate type of the seat for you.".

A half an hour later another nun addressed to me: "Why are you sitting here? You can damage our flowers!" Definitely no sympathy to the artists here:-))

At the moment I finished, the thunderstorm started, the signal of the job done right.

Maybe I will add color later. Maybe not.

4 comments:

  1. Job well done!! There is no sympathy for we artists!! Glad you got to complete it because it's lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a brillaint sketch (far better that I could ever do :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manon, thank you!
    Craig, my personal experience: two years of training and you can do it, I swear:-)). Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great sketch! I like the subject of the bells inside the arches - I've never seen that before. Thanks for the fun story about the nuns :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...