August 7, 2010

The Vacation 6


At a moment I am sitting in my flat, windows shut, AC on, and trying not to panic. The carbon is all over the city, and 100km around the city. I can not see the building on the other side of the road. The radio says it will go on for at least three days more, but sounds lost and confused. I love oxygen.

And I am continuing my vacation story, I need to be distracted by pleasing and relaxing memories. 

My workshop was over and I started my drive back to New York. This time the stop was planned in Williamsport, PA.

The day before my departure I was googling the hotel in Williamsport and chose Genetti, which had great location and rather discrepant opinions. But I was not afraid, what's the point? I stay there only overnight, if the hotel is bad, I will have one more colorful memory (this time dark color:-).

The road was OK, I drove I-80 and on when only 50 miles left, I was carried away by the sight of handsome man in the side car. I was carried away to some side road and completely disoriented my GPS by this action.

The GPS, programmed to choose the shortest route, decided we need to go over the hill. OK, as you say. The road became more and more narrow, went higher and higher and then suddenly was over. The GPS had different view of the situation and a lot of ideas of our lost-road trip. Me? Nervous. And very funny. You can not be lost in the middle of the civilization (unfortunately:-)). So I turned off my little helper, went back to wide roads, enjoying every moment of my "small roads trip". Then the GPS was waken up and I happily reached Williamsport.





Lovely town! Genetti hotel was OK, old and with individuality. It offered me the wonderful room with a view.
I went for a walk around town. This town begs to be sketched, so beautiful and colorful. I made a lot of photos, was to tired to draw en plein-air.





Williamsport, PA


Williamsport, PA

Next morning, after the early walk around town, I headed to New York and reached it almost safe (only one hour in Manhattan jams - GPS and me aim to find the shortest routs not the fastest :-))

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! I hope it clears up soon.

    Lovely sketches and photos. Williamsport looks charming. You have a great attitude about accomodations. I think you're right. I admire your spirit of adventure:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashira, I hope you have enough now :-)
    Candy, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...