August 16, 2010

Watercolor and Gouache

It is  my study of Nathan Fowkes "how to" post. I love the blog of Nathan, his once in a week posts show a real master. He mixes watercolor and gouache in his quick sketches. 

And my point was not only to try to feel the freedom of Nathan's brush, but to see how the watercolor/gouache behaves. Pretty heavy, I must say.  And easily covering one layer of color by the other, the quality long forgotten in my watercolor practice:-)) 

I use bigger font today. The visit to my friends' blog gave me the idea to try,  it makes reading much easier (if you are arrogant enough to think that your texts are interesting read, Irina!)

Once upon a time this building was a very important part of my parents place's architecture. Now it is forgotten and so very beautiful with this disheveled hairdo.

6 comments:

  1. ...traigo
    sangre
    de
    la
    tarde
    herida
    en
    la
    mano
    y
    una
    vela
    de
    mi
    corazón
    para
    invitarte
    y
    darte
    este
    alma
    que
    viene
    para
    compartir
    contigo
    tu
    bello
    blog
    con
    un
    ramillete
    de
    oro
    y
    claveles
    dentro...


    desde mis
    HORAS ROTAS
    Y AULA DE PAZ


    TE SIGO TU BLOG




    CON saludos de la luna al
    reflejarse en el mar de la
    poesía...


    AFECTUOSAMENTE
    IRINA
    ESPERO SEAN DE VUESTRO AGRADO EL POST POETIZADO DE CACHORRO, FANTASMA DE LA OPERA, BLADE RUUNER Y CHOCOLATE.

    José
    Ramón...
    RINA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jose Ramon, I translated with Google your comment. Thanks for your sweet words, wish you have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irina, thanks for introducing me to Nathan's work, amazing artist he is! You are evolving very quickly with your colors, loved this one, and the new font is easy on my poor eyes:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Irina! Nathan's blog is very instructive. Everybody could learn a lot about composition and values.
    Saludos! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Padmaja, I am glad you discovered Nathan, he is one of my most admired artists.
    Noemi, thank you and I am glad you agree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Irina!! I really like where you are headed in your paintings!! Great work, my friend.
    Love the font.... I read it very easily!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...