November 26, 2010

My first postcards

10x15cm (approx.4"x6") each

I explored the art store in Helsinki and found there the nice 30 sheets set of Hahnemuhle watercolor paper, postcard size (It is here, not very good for watercolor, to my point of view, easy buckling when meets water, but restores shape when dry).. The back side is lined as post card and the front side is open for imagination.
My first 4 experiments with handmade postcards and the paper are here today.
Yellow tree is from imagination, apples and green trees are from photos, the sea is the copy of  fantastic Arnold Lowrey watercolor (link to his site)

8 comments:

  1. Me agrada mucho el color de estas acuarelas. Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post Cards! They are beautiful, I have prepared three, I sent!
    Very funny !:-))
    But you're right, do not take well water!
    Thank you so much for comment in my blog.

    Ciao Irina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Irina, to me your post cards looks very nice, I like the simplicity of the drawings and the nice colours you used. Well done! Ciao.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful experiments...
    I love the apple the most...

    congrats...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your postcards are so beautiful! I love that autumnal tree! Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Irina,
    Beautiful cards! Colors, composition and subjects are fascinating. Enjoy making them all:)
    Cheers, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of them are beautiful. The one of the yellow tree and the other of the sea are, in my opinion, specially nice.
    Salutacions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carlos, thank you!
    Francisco, thank you. They turned out not postcards, but sketches on small size papers))
    Thank you, Tito!
    Jyothisethu, me too. Thank you)
    Cristina, you re so kind.
    Sadami, you are so kind, thank you!
    Silvia, Salutacions! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...