July 25, 2011

St.Petersburg


Last week I went to St.Petersburg. For sightseeing. Very beautiful. But for me it was difficult to find inspiration in the city with straight streets, square houses and almost no trees. Well, difficult for chronic Muscovite who loves the chaos of Moscow. So I went to the woods around the city and enjoyed every moment of the palaces and mansions surrounded with trees.  They are gorgeous, I will post photos and you will agree with me. Mansions and trees.
One sketch was done in the downtown, as tribute to Sketchcrawl Moscow (link here) and worldwide sketchcrawl.

The second one is the side view of the Peterhof residence of Russian Tzars.

And the last one was drawn in Pavlovsk, 40km from St.Petersberg, residence of Tzar Pavel.
The weather was wonderful and the places were so kind to me.
And few photos made in Pavlovsk.

9 comments:

  1. The design is wonderful, light, loose!]
    the paintings are great and artistic!
    The photos deserve an ten!
    a hug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe.....it looks so beautiful, Irina!! I love seeing your part of the world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Irina!!!

    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ExcellentWork
    ThankYouForSharing
    see you

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sketches are wonderful, Irina!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All very beautiful Irina.
    Thanks for sharing.
    A big hug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Irina, in my opinion your sketches and the watercolor are excellent, absolutely wonderful....and the photos too.
    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,Irina,
    In my eyes, your landscapes get better and better. Very eye pleasant. Handling value and colour is skillful. Keep up! ...and you can teach me!
    Cheers,Sadami

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...