August 28, 2011

Cornelian Cherry


So I made the sketch, as planned the moment I saw them in the shop. These cherries are so beautiful, asking to be painted. This is the label of the sketchbook, this paper negotiates with paint much better then Lana.

And then, there still was a question what to do with cherries, after modelling (they are too sour for eating fresh).
Padmaja suggested to make pickle, thank you very much, I also thought about jam or compote, but finally decided on meat dressing. I took recipe from Georgian cooking book (you shoud try this cuisine, here is on-line opportunity or visit Georgian restaurant).

1. 500gr of washed and sorted cornelian cherry (name is so beautiful) to boil is small amount of water for 10-15 minutes.
2. Rub through sieve, removing stones (this part was very time consuming, as I had to be sure no meat left on the stones)))
3. Add 2 garlic cloves, salt, basil and coriander leaves cut in small pieces, mix of dry herbs, red chilli pepper.

Serves with meat.


And I want to share my find. 15.28 Studio where young artist from Tailand makes watercolor miracles, his blog is here. Please enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I love the still life, the bottle is a great addition! I'll have a look at the Thailand blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Irina,
    beautiful watercolor!
    Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made those cherries really pop out! It is a nice composition.. and the recipe made my mouth water.. may be used with our Indian bread as well..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, I think this one is a bit overworked again, but thank you so much for your kind comment!
    Antonio, thank you!
    Padmaja, thank you. Oh, Indian bread... I love bread, great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...