December 26, 2011

Georgian Time

Gemal's Weapon
Two weeks ago I went to Georgia, my father's homeland. Pleasure to see brothers, aunts, uncles, nephews, grandmas, combined with hearty dinners did not left time for drawing, but felt so good!
Brother's Weapon






















Today I post my quick sketches and watercolor I painted upon arrival back home.

If you are interested in Georgia, here is my uncle Gemal's photoblog, Georgia: Between Caucasus and Black Sea

And one of my latest discoveries-treasures: Nora MacPhail, Canadian Artist. Look at her paintings, they are full with sunshine.

It is lamp inside this vase.
This guy was bought in IKEA, I added hairdo, landscape and he decided to fly
Turkish sulfur baths in the center of Tbilisi.

8 comments:

  1. Hello Irina,
    Thank you so much for mentioning me in your blog! What a lovely surprise this morning. I actually came to your blog to see these wonderful pen drawings. Fantastic.
    Happy Painting and Happy New Year.
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being able to draw is the foundation for being a good painter. Nice sketches.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sketches are real treasures, Irina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Irina
    Hope you had a great Christmas party and had a good time. These quick sketches you have presented are remarkably beautiful. You are a very gifted artist. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always love your sketches, they are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the variety you have displayed in these sketches Irina and thanks for Nora's link, I enjoyed her work as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed seeing your sketches. You are very good. Thank you for the two links. I love your uncle's photography and Nora's blog looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...