May 8, 2010

At Last!



Finally today I had the opportunity to paint something, after a rather vigorous and hectic week. I went to class and finished this still life, begun last Saturday. Of course, hardly anyone wants to try these grapes (yes, grapes, not an artichoke!) :-)) But here I feel freedom, which I do not have enough in the drawings, where the lines should be perfect and precise.



Yesterday we went for a walk in the Serebrany Bor (silver forest), a great park in Moscow, with lakes and pine trees. This picture was shot there. Suddenly we came upon a group of naked men, who calmly showed us there bodies, sunbathing. Whether they were nudists, or exhibitionists, or all together, I do not know. But only men without women. We realized that we wandered into the wrong place and quietly withdrew. No photos taken.

4 comments:

  1. I like your still life very much! Grapes (in my opinion) are as difficult as painting a necklace of beads or pearls! Grapes are even more difficult because of the overlap. I avoid (or try to) doing groups of round things. :-)

    Keep up the good work!

    Ken B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken, thank you! I have just put a note to my mental note-book to study the grapes drawing. Need to buy and start. The problem is I would eat the grapes faster then draw...
    Jan, Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irina. I liked your "still life" and your pic of Serebrany Bor. I celebrate your excellent sense of humour about the grapes and naked men. No!!
    Men without women. No !! Bon appetit avec les
    raisins. Ton ami chilien.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...