September 14, 2011

Copying Masters


Here I copy masters, so please do not compliment me for color and composition.
Why I was so interested to study work of Jane Minter and Joyce Washor? They know so much about hard and soft edges in watercolor painting and manage so good, combining it with knowledge of color combinations and tonal structures.
I need to practice more to get this easiness and  freedom.
I received Jane's permission to post the copy. Joyce did not reply to me, so I post my study without her permission. In case she is against it, I will remove the sketch at once.

9 comments:

  1. Well, I have to compliment your colors - their softness, light-weight and transparency. You did a great job with that. Both watercolors are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job! Both artists' work I admire very much. I think copying is a great way to understand how it was painted. Always ask permission of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Irina,
    his watercolors are painted very well exercise the highest quality.
    I like to do readings. After you learn to paint with the painters!
    A big hug

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always a learning experience to try to copy another artist - and you have chosen two masters, that's sure. We all learn from one another :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I`ll tell you - if it was me who copied their work it would not look like this! You are so good, Irina.


    Gry (have som problems with commenting and my profile)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I won't compliment you for color and composition, but the execution is excellent, so bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Irina, you are on the right way! Do not worry too much, if you insist you will get the results!! Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I compliment you for your effort, on the right track!
    For some reason I am not able to reproduce,the process makes me stressful.. wish I could do this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so beautifully painted irina ...i'm learning the whole time too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...