September 16, 2011

The Bridge

Watercolor on Arches, 30x40cm

Yesterday I read in James Gurney's blog about the gamut triangle and decided to try the method. To tell the truth I was not very attentive, just saw the picture with triangle and wanted to try.

The colors from cool-blue to ochre were chosen in the color wheel.
I need to read his article again, attentively. These colors combinations look rather dull and boring here.

I was busy this week with office work, so free Friday evening was like a bless for painting. Daylight lamp and pre-drawn sketch, which dusted for a week on my easel, made the pleasure of painting come true.
I painted on Arches, enjoyed every moment of this paper.  Though I still think that I am not good enough for it.
The painting was inspired by my friend JMs' blog photo here.

9 comments:

  1. Irina: excelente la luz que has logrado, el color del agua y los reflejos. La composición, dejando el puente tan alto, un acierto.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irina,
    gostei da composição. A proposta de colocar a ponte atravessando todo o quadro é muito difícil de resolver. A torre sobressaindo ao alto equilibrou a imagem. As cores simplificadas dão grande harmonia. O uso de muitas cores torna o trabalho bem mais complicado.
    belo resultado!
    Um grande abraço de todos do atelier

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to see your art, and pleased that you get inspiration from JM's excellent blog. I still remember the painting you did from the photo on Jarart's Prescott, Arizona area blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No not dull! The light on the other side of the bridge makes the painting very interesting. The yellow in the sky is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this painting, and Judy is right, the yellow in the sky really lights up the whole scene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a very beautiful piece Irina.. the light showing up just behind the bridge and oozing down through water is very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kubi, thank you!
    Antonio, thank you so much for detailed explanation.
    Dave, thank you so much!
    Judy, thank you!
    Jane, you, friends, always find the right words, thank you so much!
    Padmaja, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not to be too repetitive, the colors are NOT dull! The water is really well done - I struggle with water (and trees and flowers and . . .) :-)

    You're doing really good works.

    KenB

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with the rest, very interesting and beautiful horizontal light - an early morning or a late afternoon. And the water is very well done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...