May 16, 2010

Sketching the City

I try to enjoy every day of our short summer. This sketch is about the park near the Chinese Embassy (the building behind the fence) and about the Chinese man in red shirt, fishing. Now this day is pressed into my memory for long, because of sketching, I mean. When finished the drawing I went to local book store and bought two on sale books, "Etiquette for Dummies" and the "Science of Numerology", 1,5$ each.
I go on experimenting with my camera. It does its best, though I do my best to complex its life.
And one more shot from Georgia, great still life for sketching, I think. All these treasures were standing near one of the buildings, no owner in sight.

5 comments:

  1. I really like the addition of green to your sketch. Love, love the pic of the building with the treasures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irina, the sketch is splendid, full of life. I like the occassional fishing man. Lovely pictures!. Follow enjoy with the short summer!. (short but wonderful).
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Manon!
    Carmen, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Irina,
    Love your sketch of the fisher and the building photo is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Irina, I love your work and I agree - This photo would make a great painting! I think what I like best about it (other than the fab vintage items) is the viewer has to decide whether they're moving in or moving out. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...