July 2, 2010

Hunger for Red

The sketch was inspired by James Parker's challenge "Windows to the Words". I was late with my input , as the deadline closed on 1st July, and even with all possible time differences, I was late. I am sorry, James.
The theme is reflections, glass is very interesting to draw and photo choice was really generous.
It is done in oil pastel with drops of white acrylic. Mixed media, the profi-artists call this style. I can explain this style differently - good escape when you are not very familiar and do not feel free about the whites :-))

5 comments:

  1. Wow I love the transparencies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful painting with nice composition and color scheme...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, Wow, Irina, I love this absolutely delightful array of the transparent bottles that really shine through! The striking contrast between the blue of the jars and the orange background is dazzling. I really am smiling at the way you described your trick using the acrylic white,:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You captured the transparency of the bottles and the complimentary background holds the piece together nicely. Well done.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tati, thank you!
    Jyothisethu, thank you!
    Padmaja, thank you! I like to joke about everything.
    Jean, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...