August 31, 2010

Lesson

It is my next watercolor lesson from this book, conducted by Barry Herniman (his blog, so sorry that the blog looks like forgotten by the author), I love how he mixes colors!

I was much more free here, did not read the instructions and mixed colors looking at the photos and not reading the mixing recipes.

I can not say what the instructional books are. Are they help or harm or nothing. I think that any type of practice is good for my feel of watercolor and knowledge of technique. I also think that the info gets into the head, boils there and later adds to the understanding of the subject. You can not explain why you do this or that, you just know what to do. Why? Because someday you read something and almost forgot it. Almost.

8 comments:

  1. I love how you're getting bolder and bolder with color Irina <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that you experiment with different styles and always question things. You will learn much with this attitude. I love the complimentary colors and it is almost an abstract landscape the way you used the colors.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing
    This fabulous work with us
    Good creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem to have been adventurous with colors and the lines here, I like the way you layered the foreground and mixed the colors, there is an abstractness attached to the work and that is a joy to look at !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Irina, that is so beautiful. I agree that the books can help us but we are the artists.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors in this one and such a beautiful touch with the watercolors, too. We take the books, DVDs, workshops - and learn what we need and make it our own :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teresa, I believe in power of practice)), thank you!
    Jean, thank you!
    Skizo, welcome!
    Padmaja, thank you. The result always surprises me, maybe because my main pleasure is process.
    Jane, thank you!
    Mary, I so agree.
    Rhonda, learning is such joy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...