September 4, 2010

Krutitskoe Podvore


It is so right that many offices have lunch-break and are closed for an hour. If I was not late to visit my client's office and had to wait for it to open, I would not draw this 16th century beauty.
It was the interesting day, weather changing every 20 minutes. While I was sketching, I saw sun (so overcast, I could not make a photo), then strongest wind and swinging trees, then pouring rain started. And when cold and frosted I returned to my car, the sun returned back.

The story about the building was posted in Moscow daily blog (link is here).

5 comments:

  1. This is a lovely drawing, Irina -- and I enjoyed the story about how you happened to have the opportunity to sketch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great drawing of this magnificent building, the tonal range are splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire the way you make use of your lunch breaks :-) The difference in hues of the different portions look beautiful, the arches are done well, enjoyed the story too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherish your sketch book and the beautiful work inside. It is a wonderful talent you have and I hope you can continue to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlene, thank you!
    Carraol, welcome and thank you!
    Padmaja, you are so kind.
    Abe, I am blushing))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...