December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

My warmest greetings to my friends and their families, to my readers and to so many talented in different fields, kind, deep, wise and funny people I know due to blogging, you inspire and encourage me every day, thank you so much!

Why hares?
I live in interesting country, you know.
We celebrate 24th December Catholic Christmas (as we call it),
then New Year on 1st January,
on 7th January we celebrate Orthodox Christmas,
14th January is the celebration of New Year (old style dates calculation, that calendar was used in Russia before 1917 revolution)
and middle February (I am afraid I do not know the exact date) the Chinese New Year.
And here comes the hares.. This Chinese year is year of hare, we have a lot of symbols all over the city, so I was very much inspired))))

Chin-chin!

13 comments:

  1. Irina, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, to and to your family! Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their smile is infectious:-)
    Happy happy Christmas and a NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These post cards are adorable! Happy Holiday to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! I didn't notice this year will be the year of hare.
    Merry Christmas Irina <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas and all the best for you and your family and friends, Irina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Какие они домашние, тапки у них, очень по-российски выглядят в праздник))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to you Irina for the same reasons, that next year we can continue to enjoy and learn. The card, very funny and tender.


    Wish you and your family Merry Chrsitmas and a Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. En estas fechas tan entrañables que la armonía, paz y felicidad entren en tu casa.
    ¡¡FELIZ NAVIDAD!!

    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you had a very merry Christmast dear friend!

    I love the hare postcard!! They may well be mine, since we now have two rabbits! Indoor..!.. :-0

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job my friend.
    Merry Christmas and a happy New Year,
    jan :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A toi aussi Irina mes meilleurs"doubles "voeux !

    Et toutes mes félicatations pour ton très joli nouveau blog!

    Fini bien l'année


    Amitéis

    Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you sooo much for your words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely couple! They make me smile. I've added you to my blog list on my blog.
    Cheers,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...