May 21, 2012

In the Mood for Botanics


I gathered together 5 quick sketches from last week, all are about nature, the strongest source of inspiration for me, all are done observing the real object, not photo. Viva the spring!

 The first drawing was executed with Neocolor watercolor sticks and strong watercolor washes above them. At some point I realized that the sketch was ruined and this idea gave me further freedom which I liked very much!

The second sketch is about Bergenia at parent's place. Ha, Blogger does not recognize this word, "bergenia", me neither, so maybe it is not bergenia at all.

The 3rd, 4th and 5th sketches are done with water-friendly ink. Usually I try to be very careful and not to touch ink lines with brush. And it never works. So sketches of this sort are usually too dark and "values confused"...

10 comments:

  1. Hi Irina. Die zweite ist eine Bergenie. Die wächst bei mir im Garten.
    Alle Bilder gefallen mir ausgezeichnet. Du hast wirklich ein gutes Händchen für Pflanzen...smile.
    Grüsse Dich
    janina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Irina, very good sketches! Watersoluble ink and sticks are tricky to combine with watercolor, but your sketches look good! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it IS a Bergenia...blogger needs to learn :-)))) Your sketches as always are beautiful , you have a lovely touch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sketches Irina. Your drawing skills bring everything so wonderfully to life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes i agree that the inks and sticks are tricky but I really like what you've done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is more lively to paint from real objects and these small paintings look so lovely together!Bergenia stole my heart a little more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont know how to explain, Irina, but these lovely sketches made me happy! They are so full of life! I think you captured spring's happiness, that's it!My favorite is the first one, branches seem to be dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the top botanic irina !... beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never worked with watercolor sticks, but I like all of your botanicals.

    sometimes, if you realized you messed up and it doesn't matter anymore, it can be very freeing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never worked with watercolor sticks, but I like all of your botanicals.

    sometimes, if you realized you messed up and it doesn't matter anymore, it can be very freeing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...