February 28, 2013

Fish on Red


This painting is inspired by A Nos Pinceaux blog, one of my favorite blogs of art challenges. Evhe posted the photo of fish in the basket at French market in summer 2012, but only this February I could get to the image, stuck deep in my head for all this time.

Today I test web-service IFTTT. It is very simple, in comparison with its complex name. Now, when post is ready and I push  "Publish" in my favorite Blogger, the post will be automatically duplicated in Tumblr, Flickr and Facebook. Of course you can duplicate manually (if you are interested to do it at all). But I always considered and proved with my actions that laziness is the main engine of progress.
I look forward to see how if it works.

And now my short notes about latest reading discoveries.
"I Remember Nothing" by Norah Ephron seemed full of banal and obvious statements when I started the book. But when I finished everything was different. Book is so wise and simple in a way when "simple" means experience and depth of  talented, clever, funny and wise 69 years old woman, dying of cancer and knowing it.

Another book is "Art and Fear" by David Bayles and Ted Orland.  It is about fears and doubts living in a head of the creator, about rivalry and originality. The book helped to realize that my reflections about artwork are on one wave with many artists - painters, writers, musicians, and that fear and doubt are serious enemies, but they can be overcome.

7 comments:

  1. The red background is rich and vibrant. I also like the header with the tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color and texture in your painting! I have enjoyed both the books - glad you like them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flow of vibrancy through this painting, it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed that post on Evhe's blog but I really love your painting. It's definitely the kind of images that stays in one's head. By the way, it reminds me of one of my son's works as he prepared for the entry exams in Bussels.
    As of IFTTT, Wordpress seems to do the same - except for Google+. I use it for facebook, but I'm not familiar with Tumblr or Twitter. I tend to write too much for tose.
    Anyway, a great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Irina I love your fish painting, it's rich with color and makes me want to have fish now for dinner... in a way I almost feel sorry for the fish too. A mixed reaction to your painting but it evokes emotion.

    The books sound magnificent, I think that I'm going to look for "I Remember Nothing" and give it a read.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fish painting is vibrant with color - no wonder it was on your mind for so long. Its, wonderful, Irina. I have read Art and Fear - there is much to be considered from reading this book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Irina,
    I saw all your latest productions - very good!
    I liked the study in acrylic, fish and especially hospital.
    A big hug and a great weekend

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...