April 17, 2010

The Pot and Jeff Bridges


A3, pencil
I'm not the one who easily calms down. If I decide to draw, nothing can stop me :-)). This sketch is my tribute to another challenge,  Rookiepainter. It is interesting that when I look at the challenge photo, the decision which medium to use comes at once. Looking at this chrome pot, I knew that I could reach THAT shine only with pencil. It was my time to practice putting parallel strokes.

And, since this activity does not require any special mental effort, but accuracy and precision, I decided to watch (mostly listen) the movie with my favourite Jeff Bridges, "The Vanishing". Thriller. 1993. 
It was very funny. And I was thinking about what could happen to Big Lebowski that he changed his hairdo, became crazy sociopath and started burying people alive in the wooden boxes.
Life is so difficult. And so full of surprises... Yes, I like philosophy :-))) 



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating in the challenge, Irina! I love hearing what others paint/draw to also - I think I'm going to listen to some John Mayer for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your piece and love Jeff Bridges!! I've been a fan of his for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Irina! You nailed that shiny silver pot! As the folks say in that "gangster" TV show, badda-bing, badda-boom! :-)

    The new Jeff Bridges movie "Crazy Heart" is a "keeper"!

    You know me, I would have chosen COLOR pencils! :-)

    Good job!
    Ken B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. irina,
    beautiful pencil work...
    you have successfully captured the transparency and glitter on the vessel...
    congrats...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, thank you for the pleasure to be in the challenge!
    Manon, thank you!
    Ken, "Crazy Heart" is in my list of must-see! Thank you for the pointing.
    Pierre, thank you.
    Jyothisethu, thank you! I have a really good drawing teacher, I learned the rules of drawing metal by heart.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...